- Xilinx Spartan 3A FPGA (XC3S50A) in VQ100 package
- 1 Mbit SPI flash memory (Micron M25PE10) for storing device configurations (programs)
- USB 2.0 interface based on FT232H circuit for on-board flash programming
- FPGA configuration via JTAG and USB
- Standalone JTAG adapter
- Voltage regulator LTC-6905
- Adjustable 25/50/100 MHz clock frequency generator
- 10 DIP switches, 6 push-buttons (with denoising Schmitt triggers) as inputs
- 10 LEDs as user outputs, 8 multiplexed 7-segment displays as outputs
- 8 input/output ports for user defined purposes
- 4-layer PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- RoHS compliant
The Prometheus FPGA development board is configured (“programed”) using an on-board USB-to-JTAG adapter.
The JTAG adapter part is connected to the FPGA part of the circuit using bridging jumpers which make it possible to use the board as a standalone USB-to-JTAG adapter to configure other devices or debug microcontrollers supporting JTAG.
The separation of the JTAG adapter and the FPGA board part makes it possible to configure the FPGA chip using side JTAG adapters (Xilinx Platform Cable USB II DLC10, Digilent JTAG-HS2 FPGA Programming cable).